Laser Surgery- Less Pain for your Pet
Laser surgery has been widely accepted as a higher standard of care in human medicine for over 30 years. It presents a host of benefits over traditional surgery, and in many procedures, they can replace the scalpel entirely.
What are the benefits of laser surgery?
The Laser seals nerve endings as it “cuts.” As a result, your pet will experience less pain and be more comfortable after surgery.
The Laser seals small blood vessels during surgery. Because there is less bleeding, surgery is often completed more quickly thus reducing the amount of time your pet will be under anesthesia. This further reduces potential complications.
Reduced Swelling and Infection
Physical contact between the laser and the surgical region is never established, thus eliminating the crushing, tearing and bruising of tissue associated with traditional surgical methods. Additionally, the CO2 laser energy acts as an antimicrobial/antibacterial agent by producing high temperatures, effectively eliminating microorganisms.
- Quick Return to Normal Activities
- Healing is rapid and there is less post-operative discomfort and a better course of healing.
- Laser Therapy-Reduce Pain, Improve mobility, Enhance Quality of Life
Laser Therapy Treats:
- Acute and Chronic Pain
- Back Injuries, Wound Healing
- Non-surgical treatment
- No patient sedation or restraint required
- Extremely safe with no side effects
- Can be combined with other medications or other arthritis treatments
- Immediate results: Most treated pets feel better in 12 to 24 hours after treatment
- Speeds healing process
What advantages does Laser Therapy have over other forms of therapy?
- Does not require the use of drugs or surgery
- Fewer side effects/risks
- Quick and convenient
- Studies show that it is equal to or more effective than other forms of physical therapy